Monday 30 July 2007

Summer holidays

We are heading off for our summer holiday this week, and I realised that I need a project to take with me. Something small, portable, and simple (because, let's face it, I am unlikely to be able to concentrate on anything too complicated!).


These little flower brooches seemed like just the thing. They are crocheted from Debbie Bliss Pure Silk yarn (half price in the sales - putting it in the 'just buy it and see what you are going to do with it later' category) in gorgeous jewel bright colours. They are beautifully soft and covetable. Numbers one and two grab them and run away as fast as I can make them.

Of course, if you are taking a project on holiday, you need a little chuck-it-in-the-suitcase project bag to go with it. Here is mine, sewn from some furnishing fabric that I have had staring at me for months, and a coconut shell button that I am very pleased to have found a use for. It made me buy it - you know how it is!

I will be away from the computer while on holiday, so no more posts for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure how I will manage without my laptop - another reason to keep my hands busy.

8 comments:

debsmuddle said...

I love this fabric. Why does everybody find better fabric than me ? I really like your crochet flowers too I might try and learn how to do them myself.

Anonymous said...

Love the little bag! That fabric would make great cushions for my sofa! :)

Bea said...

Charlotte makes the prettiest stuff

doo daa doo daa

She makes gorgeous flowers out of fluff

doo daa doo daaa

she snorts her sweetcorn out her nose

doo daaah doo daaa

when she sniffs her lovely pretty roooose

dooo daa doo daa daaay

Francesca said...

Lovely little bag *covet covet*

The Mock Duck said...

Have a lovely holiday- I'm taking brooches to make on my hols too!

Oiyi said...

Your project bag is so cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.