Thursday 17 May 2007

Teaching and learning


Number one has decided she would like to learn to knit, so who am I to argue. If someone had taught me when I was her age then I would have been able to make huge numbers of things by now. She is using this book which is brilliant - full of well illustrated and fun instructions and such adorable projects. I want to make them for myself (maybe I will). She has chosen the 'secret book' and has knitted a whole 6 rows. I think we will be working on this one for a while! Personally I think she liked the idea of having her own knitting bag even more than being able to make stuff, and with a bag like this who can blame her!

It is at times like these that it is not easy being the left-handed parent of a right-handed child. Next come crochet lessons - I think I will have to get a mirror out for that one!